Got Boost?

65ShelbyClone

Take note that the Chinese doesn't come with a wideband oxygen sensor and it will be hard to do meaningful tuning without one. Add another $180 for that to the $360 for the 250cc EFI kit. I think that EFI would only be worthwhile for a mini for forced induction or getting that last 5% out of a max-effort engine. Even then, blow-through boost can be done with a carburetor, but it's almost as much plumbing. EFI can control the ignition with 3D spark tables too, so there's that.

Documentation is also another big factor. If the instructions are in Engrish and hard to understand, installation and operation will involve guesswork and trail-and-error.

Jeez, are those all yours??? I like that supercharger on the left.
Part of the collection, yes. :eek:ut:

If you do a pull through system it eliminates a lot of problems. There is no blow off valve. The largest problem would be oil pressure and keeping a battery charged for the oil pump. Would love to do this and use a brigs pvl coil with a 6k rev limiter to keep it from destroying it self. You might only turn a mildly built 10hp motor in to a 15hp motor with 7lbs but it would have a lot of torque. I have too many project to do this any time soon but want to some day. Just can't afford it nor do I have time.

Big problem with a turbo and a pulse engine is the turbo won't spool up consistently.. So until you move enough air to spool the turbo and make boost its going to be a tuning nightmare. Now if you go efi or maybe spray some nitrous on it... I can see it helping. We are going to try soon with a 420cc I think. Already have a battery on board so just need an oil pump and I'll be in business.

Big problem with a turbo and a pulse engine is the turbo won't spool up consistently.. So until you move enough air to spool the turbo and make boost its going to be a tuning nightmare. Now if you go efi or maybe spray some nitrous on it... I can see it helping. We are going to try soon with a 420cc I think. Already have a battery on board so just need an oil pump and I'll be in business.
I could see that. Back in the day they use to sell a bolt on supercharger kit for the brigs motors. The raptor motors. I remember wanting one when I was a kid. Surprised they don't sell them for the clones as to how popular the motors are and how many people race.

I have used a smog pump as a supercharger produced about 10psi until the vanes wore out it seemed to produce more power but I had nothing to compare it to.