Gov/Throttle Postion when starting?

wfc

The ignition timing is controlled by the magnets on the flywheel. They in turn are kept in place by the flywheel key. The timing needs to be advanced by about 6 degrees to get real good usable power from the motor. There is an offset key available for this purpose which will just replace your standard key, and in effect advance your flywheel the six degrees. Alternatively you can use your own key, and file away a step in the key that will allow the flywheel to be rotated a bit further to the right (advanced) before it is locked in place.
Remove your Fan shroud cover, and remove the flywheel. leave the key in the shaft, and scribe a line on the left hand side of the key along the place where it mates with the shaft. Now remove the key, and you should easily see a line dividing the portion of the key that is in the shaft, and the portion that is protruding. Now place the key in a vice so that the protruding part of the key extends above the jaws. It should mirror what it looked like in the shaft. Now carefully file away a step in the key, again on the side where the scribe line was drawn. Every 0.006" you remove will equal one degree of advance in the overall timing. You could also use a dremmel if you have a steady hand, but I found a small file worked best, and the edge is straight. I used a feeler guage to check that the step was the right size, although you may have a vernier to check with. Now place the key back in the shaft, and slide the flywheel over. There is now room for the flywheel to move to the right untill it connects with the step on the key. Once it contacts the key, hold it there, and tighten up the flywheel bolt to 60ft.-lbs. Hope that helps you.
Be Blessed

The ignition timing is controlled by the magnets on the flywheel. They in turn are kept in place by the flywheel key. The timing needs to be advanced by about 6 degrees to get real good usable power from the motor. There is an offset key available for this purpose which will just replace your standard key, and in effect advance your flywheel the six degrees. Alternatively you can use your own key, and file away a step in the key that will allow the flywheel to be rotated a bit further to the right (advanced) before it is locked in place.
Remove your Fan shroud cover, and remove the flywheel. leave the key in the shaft, and scribe a line on the left hand side of the key along the place where it mates with the shaft. Now remove the key, and you should easily see a line dividing the portion of the key that is in the shaft, and the portion that is protruding. Now place the key in a vice so that the protruding part of the key extends above the jaws. It should mirror what it looked like in the shaft. Now carefully file away a step in the key, again on the side where the scribe line was drawn. Every 0.006" you remove will equal one degree of advance in the overall timing. You could also use a dremmel if you have a steady hand, but I found a small file worked best, and the edge is straight. I used a feeler guage to check that the step was the right size, although you may have a vernier to check with. Now place the key back in the shaft, and slide the flywheel over. There is now room for the flywheel to move to the right untill it connects with the step on the key. Once it contacts the key, hold it there, and tighten up the flywheel bolt to 60ft.-lbs. Hope that helps you.
Be Blessed
That helped me tremendously,thanks alot. Not too hard of a job at all,just a
tad tedious with the grinding of the keyway. Took the bike out tonight for
the first time with the Honda 5.5,instead of the 10 hp Tec. It seems pretty
fast,once the clutch engages fully and I'm moving good. It doesn't have that
pin you in your seat feel of the 10 hp,but it seems to get up there real well.
The gearing is real tall,so it's setup for top end,which should easily be about
40-50.Hard to beleive that this little bike is so fast. I just need a muffler
welded on to the end of the straigjht pipe,since it's loud.Thanks again.