Grizzly lathe/milling machine need feed back

I was considering purchasing combo milling/lathe machine from a company called Grizzly. I dont know much about these machines, i have heard that similar machines from enco, smitthy ect. are total junk. These are reasonbly priced probably twice as much as the cheaper ones. I know people say to stay from these, but I don't have much space I cant fit big lathe and bridgeport in my garage. Also i'm getting tired of going to the machine shop that I worked at 15 years ago to use their stuff. It is hard to resist the space savings and money savings they offer. I am not building aerospace stuff anymore just car, guns and minibike crap. Maybe use a small boring bar. I need reasonable precision and something that will work for some time to come. Any feed back from anyone here who has or know some who has used their machines. Thanks guys

I suggest joining the home machinist forum and check their 3 in 1 forum. the Grizzly machines have some better components than some of the others but are mostly made at the same factory. I was going to get one of these too, but opted for separate lathe and mini mill. The Rolls Royce of lathe/mill combos is the Austrian Emco Maximat which are precision machines and come up used from time to time. My personal experience has been very positive getting separate units, but many people have good things to say about the Grizzly machines other than setup changes from lathe to milling operations. It sure is handy to have a little machine shop at home; I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it. I have a Harbor Freight lathe that I have "blueprinted" and it's quite serviceable. I bore carburetors and fabricate tools and parts every day with it. Some of the gunsmith sites have in-depth reviews and tweaks for most of these small machines.

Oldsalt

You are, I'm thinking, one of them guys that know what to expect in set-up time and limitations and etc. when using a combo lathe/mill. With your experience in machine work you won't be disappointed. I can't believe it would be a good machine to learn on. I have two grizzle machines, a mill and a knife machine. Both are worth owning in comparison to the Harbor Freight stuff.

Ok, Thankyou for the feedback, those machines look pretty nice. And oh yeah the car is already moved out to make room for more mini's! Its getting pretty scary here.