GX 390 Mikuni carb queston

Hello here is my question I have a Honda GX390 that I am putting in a build up I am looking to put a Mikuni carb (motorcycle type) what one should I use to get the best bang for my buck?

What kind of mods do you plan on doing it its a stock GX390 I wouldn't go above 28mm I use a 34 and mine is heavily modified.

Hello I dont plan on doing anything eles to it this motor is going in a heavy bike and wanted alittle more go for not much buck and I thought dumping the stock carb would be the best(cheapest) bet

not sure how much gain your going to see by just adding the carb. Do you plan on removing the governor? If not the stock carb is probably fine. Do some other things like a header and advance the timing.

A header, filter, advanced timing, and milling the head a little would benefit a lot. I havent dealt with the 390 personally but from what Ive been told money is better spent on a cam then a carb.

not sure how much gain your going to see by just adding the carb. Do you plan on removing the governor? If not the stock carb is probably fine. Do some other things like a header and advance the timing.

yep the govenor is off and if I get a better carb then the air cleaner would come with it

not to much more the motor cost me a small fortune(bought it new)I did take off the governor and put in a pulse line for a fuel pump and a TAV I just wanted to get the little umph for a small price when I change the carb I will put in a big air filter other than that not much more this is not going on a show bike or anything

remove balance shaft free:thumbsup: dont put to much compression with stock rod money is better spent on cam than carb light billet flywheel will spool up faster and is safer stock one is 13# think of that at 5000 rpm under your leg

125ccCrazy

I had a gx390 on a buggy type gokart, the mods were header with pitbike muffler, no govenor and I ran a VM26mm Mikuni, the kart ran extremely well....

You will need a real 26mm mikuni and not one of the $30 ebay specials....