gx160 honda 5.5

i am about to port a clone 200 head for the first time- any tips? it will be used below 6000 rpm, Also, how much can I open up the valve seats and still use stock valves?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You can maybe open them up only a 1/2 mm. If your valves were slightly larger then you can open them a full 1mm.

The stock intake valve seat has about a 22.5mm I.D.
The stock valve head is 25mm.

Porting: When looking at the "D" shape. The loop at the top, and the flat straight edge at the bottom. You will want to raise the loop of the D-port, and leave the bottom straight edge alone. Further into the port you will want to lower the port next to the valve head (short turn radius)

All this is to make the port as straight and unrestricted as possible.
With stock valves don't enlarge the ports at all, just alter them. Polish the combustion chamber and exhaust port fully. Leave the intake port with the regular carbide rough finish.

i have some Yamaha yf200 intake valves- I should be able to get it open a single mm huh? next question,

when taking a stock 200 carb and enlarging/removing the bottleneck in the center anything to do specifically or watchout for?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I know what your talking about, but I don't play with stock carbs like that.

Measure your Yamaha valves. If the intake is 26mm, then you can open it up a full 1mm. If it's the smaller 25mm then you can't.

Do you happen to have a nice size header for a Honda, or Clone?(Horse-trade)

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I do, but I'm going to end up using it.
The Jeff Clements F200 billet rod is also another good one to look for. I was turning this rod 8,200 RPM today.

It's good I found a guy to make me a couple of nice headers. Now I just need some HD push rods. And I can only get them from one person.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
ARC, and there still expensive.
I was hoping they would lower the price like the Animal. They claim because there is more demand of the Animal rod. That's why it's cheaper. :eek:ut:

That's a bunch of :censure:.
When your dealing with CNC machines it all gets setup and done over and over. No matter what rod is being done.

They act like when you order a billet rod they make it right on the spot.:001_rolleyes:

They are made in sets, and just sit on the shelf like any other.

well, if you notice, the Yamaha yf200 rods are almost half the price of gx rods. IMO the fact people buy them for "clones" is part of it dont you think? Just another way to Hold the little guy down!! hahah I think they would sell 3x more if they marked them at 49 bucks instead of 89 bucks. Its a huge market!!! Hell, you could sell them to rental equipment stores as a insurance for the motors longevity!!!!

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
They could, but it's always a lot of BS involved.

I always tell guys about the billet rod ARC makes. But when I tel them the price, they think I'm trying to get extra money on top. So I now give them there number directly and they can order them themselves. But they still don't.

I tell them to check Ebay all you want, you still won't find a used Honda billet rod.

a guy on 4cycle wanted 70 for a used one recently. thats insane for used "who knows" parts. I thikn it would be cheaper for me to take machining at our local tech school and for a grad project make a dozen rods?