H30 Serial plate

capguncowboy

I am still trying to figure out how to make sense of the info on the engine serial plates. Anyone care to explain?

Model H30 35135B
Serial 7041 03016

I know that H30 is the horizontal 3.0 hp. All the rest is beyond me. I tried to read about it online, but it wasn't very clear (and I'm tired).

capguncowboy

So mine is made in 1987 on the 41st day (Feb 10th)?

If Tec made engines in the 60s and 70s, how can you distinguish from one decade to the next? The "how-to" doesn't specify.

Perhaps I'm just easily confused?

jrzmac

I am still trying to figure out how to make sense of the info on the engine serial plates. Anyone care to explain?

Model H30 35135B
Serial 7041 03016

I know that H30 is the horizontal 3.0 hp. All the rest is beyond me. I tried to read about it online, but it wasn't very clear (and I'm tired).
might be from the 301st. day in 1970. shift line #6 :shrug:

capguncowboy

Sweet. Thanks for your help Markus.

I didn't think it was an '87 -- it looked too old. The gas tank is metal, and full of rust -- not just rust, but rust bubbles. I'm going to try cleaning it via electrolysis this weekend. If it goes well, I'll reuse everything I can. This motor will likely be rebuilt from the bottom up. It needs some tender love and care. I might put it on my Duster when I'm done.