H35 Engine Questions

I just got a new mini Project. It has a Tecumseh H35-45513M SER-8146B Engine. It has No Spark. Any Tips on getting the FlyWheel Off. The Nut Will not Budge.

gbones

hold a big screwdriver in one hand and a ratchet in the other, use the screwdriver to hold the flywheel. works for me.

Air impact would be the easiest way. It spins it off so fast you dont even have to hold the flywheel still. If you dont have one of those put your wrench on the nut, hold the flywheel with your foot or something, and whack the end of the wrench with a hammer. That will give you enough force to get the nut off.

As for the spark, if your engine has points then just sand those down and you should get spark back.

To get the flywheel off, put the nut back on a little to protect the threads, then hit the end of the shaft while prying being the flywheel. Normally works.
YouTube - fixing the points on a briggs and stratton
Or try what Dave does in this video. You can fast forward to about 2:30 to see what i mean.

Good luck:thumbsup::grind::hack:

O.K. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I clamped the engine down to my workbench. Then I used a ratchet Strap to strap down the flywheel so It did not move. I was able to crank down pretty hard. Popped the socket with a Hammer a few times and PRESTO It worked. I already had a Edger Engine That looked the same as the Stock Mini Engine. I swapped out the Coil Part because the other engine had spark. Cleaned Carb 1st Pull Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo Glad I am able to use the stock Engine beacuse of the placement of the Exhaust and just the fact of Restoreing this little puppy with the original workhorse. :thumbsup::thumbsup: