H70-130000 Questions

Hi all,

1) Anyone know what type of oil is recommended in this engine? How much does the crankcase hold?

2) I'm having trouble getting the engine to run reliably. Sometimes it's great, other times it's hell just to keep it going. Where should I have the two screw adjustments? Any tuning help would be appreciated...

MNGB

Hi, per the Tecumseh manual I have 10W-30 for summer and 5W-30 for winter They state in bold DO NOT use 10W-40 oil. Capacity is 19 OZ.
The carbs on these engines are very touchy if the engine/carb has been stting for awhile you may need to remove the carb and do a good cleaning and install a carb OH kit, the starting point on the idle jet is approx 1.25 turns out from the inner stop, power jet is approx 1.5 turns when adjusting them make only 1/8 turns at a time. I have also found that having the idle stop screw adjusted for a min of 1500 Rpms is needed to get these engines to start and idle right.
GB in MN

I guess I should have said 10W-30 is an acceptable substitute or SAE 30 Winter oil is 5W-30 for temps below 32*F SAE 10W is the acceptable sub. SAE 0w-30 should only be used when the ambient temperature is below 0*F.

Last edited: