harbour freight manual tire machine

I've used mine alot and it works great. It must be bolted it down. I mounted mine to a 4 ft diameter 1/4" tread plate so I could move out of the way when it's not being used.

Which tire mounter you talking about ? I tryed the Motorcycle one with not so good luck , Sold it soon after :doah:

its the manual upright one that is 50 it does small tires i think up to 13 inch? i was thinking of buying it but i know how their stuff ieither good or terrible i think they only have one type i have some rims and tires that are really giving me trouble what is your method of r&r? anyone

miked, post a link or a pic of the one your looking at. The one I have is for automotive type tires. I guess I've done around fifty tires with it in the ten years I've had it. Raising two girls that were hell on wheels without much money, it more than paid for it's self. I got it for $40.00 back then. I have their bubble balancer too. Say what you want about the HF tools but for me they were a very good investment. I manually changed tires with just a set of tire spoons back in the old days and using the HF changer is a luxury compaired to that. It's very quick and efficient once you learn the technique. And just think how much fun you'll have with it once all your friends and family know you can change tires.:smile:

Last edited:

Oldsalt

The only real problem I have with mounting mini bike tires is when it is a split rim, you know, a right and a left piece that bolt together. I'm kinda like jordan, tire spoons don't scare me, so solid rims are O.K. by me. But the split rims tend to pinch the tube when the bolts are being pulled up. I have a pair of plywood pieces that have appropiately sized holes in them that, when C clamped on the tire/rim pushes the two tire beads together on one rim half. Then the bolts can be tightened without pinching the tube between the rim halfs. Does anyone have a better method?