Hard Starting Clone

The other day after I had finished my exhaust pipe and muffler set up I had not planned on starting up the engine for the first time, but I had a nice weather day here ain virginia and couldnt resist. After a few tweeks all was ready and I pulled the rope. Took a few pulls and it started up and sounded great. Had a few shut offs before it was adequately warmed up then ridable. I rode it around the driveway a few time and had to fix my exhaust hanger.

Since then I have not been able to get it started for more than a minute before it shuts down and I cant get it running again unless it sits for a long time. Itll start idle for a minute and shut off Could this be the cold weather (been in the 40s and 50s).

I know my throttle hook up is not perfect, but it was working well when I rode the bike the one time, only thing I have noticed is that the return spring for the throttle to go to the full off poition does not seem to pull strong.

Any suggestions?

I have a #90 jet on order and an adapted/filter from agk. Until that arives I put everything back to stock. Same thing I can get it to run for about 30 seconds then it shuts off and won't start up till I let it sit for about 45 minutes (sometimes longer) Still about 40degrees here in va but I would think I shouldn't have this much trouble. Dont want to try drilling the idle jet until i am sure its nothing else (couldnt find the pics from the link anyways)Any other ideas?

Mullett

When your wrong your wrong and as much as it pains me to admit it I was wrong - It was out of gas. I was being conservative with the amount of gas I put in because I did not want it to sit in there in the winter time, and altough I could hear it slosh a little not enough to consistantly feed the engine hence start, shut off, no start again.

I really feel stupid, but now that that is solved I got my #90 jet in and my air filter on and wow - thats quite a ride. And today 15 degrees and 6 inches of snow on the ground and 2 pulls to start. Never drilled the idle jet as for right now it seems unnecissary. Please forgive me for my bonehead error.