Have any one heard or the brand Cougar mini bike

My dad gave one to me and my brother in 1972, it had 5 HP Tecumseh and front and rear springs. I would really like to find one. Has any one ever seen these for sale? I really dont know how many mini bikes this company made so it might be real hard to find one.
Thanks
hd94vett

Last edited:
Motor looks the same but it had a rear brakes only a disc. The rear springs were on the seat only. It had no torque converter just a chain clutch and it was yellow. The Cougar name plate was were your head light bracket is on yours. It also had no lights.
Thanks
hd94vett

Not mine....just some pics from the photo gallery. I would suggest spending some time looking through the photo section...you'll probably find the model you are looking for...:thumbsup:

Thanks Tom, no this is not it but the cougar emblem look the same. Mine had 6" wheel no rear swing arm, one rear brake a disc. The rear springs were on the seat. Were there other companies that made cougar mini bike?
Mike

Thanks Rokk 67
This is the bike I'v been looking for, is there a web site you can put the name of the mini bike and it will show you everthing that is for sale on the internet. I will try to contact the seller to see more pictures of it. Do you think this is a rare find? Or do you think I may find another one out there in a little better shape.

Thanks
hd94vett

Thanks Rokk 67
This is the bike I'v been looking for, is there a web site you can put the name of the mini bike and it will show you everthing that is for sale on the internet. I will try to contact the seller to see more pictures of it. Do you think this is a rare find? Or do you think I may find another one out there in a little better shape.

Thanks
hd94vett
if i was you i would just buy it. i think finding any of these old minibikes in decent shape is a rare find. back in the 60's and 70's we werent worried about saving these bikes we were out tearing them up and having fun doing it.

The one on Detroits Craigslist is a falcon model. I think what he is talking about is the bike in my avatar. It is a cougar model also that Power-Dyne built in the late 60s. Here is some pictures.

Last edited:
I know Tom! That is why I put pictures up and let them make judgements if it is or isn't what they are looking for in the models and brands. Also here is more pictures of different cougar minibikes.

Thanks Jmbmini this is the exact bike, what is the chance to find one of these complete? Is this model called Avatar? Would you guys think it is possible to find one complete, or should I get a Rupp because of all the parts you can find for them?
Thanks Everyone.
hd94vett

I was talking about the minibike pictured in my Avatar. It is the Cougar model built by Power-Dyne out of Pawtucket R.I. Finding one complete is not impossible but very hard. The Falcon model is more found than the Cougar model. Good luck in your search.