HELP! -cylinder not getting gas

I am tuning at 8 hp tecumseh super bronc.the electrical is good and I have spark. I cleaned the carb and gas is going to the carb. I believe that the problem lies in the jetting and vaporizing up the intake. Any advice on calibrating and setting the flow for the intake is appreciated. I even poured a little gas into the cylinder and it starts.

When I adjust the set screws I can even smell gas but it won't start and run.

The spark plug is dry after multiple failed starts and I don't know where the gas is ogling -lol.

Help!

cheek your intake gaskits, also you have a gas filter that is paper I find that will make that motor hard to start or not run at all. I use the screen type. try with no filter.:thumbsup:

Are you sure gas is in the carb bowl?
Are your intake gaskets good?
when you cleaned the carb did you check and clean the jets?

If gas is in the bowl its dirty jets or bad intake gaskets
If your bowl is not full of gas your float may be stuck. Take the carb off ,empty the gas out ,blow into the fuel inlet at the same time tip it upside down. You should be able to blow threw it while its in normal position and not when its upside down.

A carb is never too clean.

Hope i didn't offend you
Hope this helps

TX fanatic

Last edited:
same thing happened with me yesterday. I had a NEW carb that was gummy in one of the jets. I had started the engine with the new carb when I first got it. It started in no time flat. Disconnected the fuel line and let the engine sit for about a month before I got it on a bike. Played hell trying to figure out if I had a vacuum leak or something.

Took the carb apart and found the jets were gummed up and one had to be poked through with a straight pin. As said above, a carb can never be clean enough.

Take it all the way apart, spray carb cleaner and make sure all pin-holes in the jets and emulsion tubes are free of debris. Re-assmeble and give it a rip.

Awesome advice,I am trying again on Wednesday so I will post after that. I don't have a fuel filter so I know that is not the issue.

Also I have fuel in the bowl as I unscrewed the nut and it came out, also I disconnected the fuel line at both ends and that was clear.

I did buy a new spark plug, and I will also take the carb apart again.

How important are the idle settings and mix ration screw initially for starting? I am concerned that since I did not note the original locations that it may be SOL.

I will take carb apart again and revisit...more to come.

Thanks to all and please keep checking in, super bronc not fun when parked in garage!