help getting to vavles

Ok so the problem is i am having the hardest time getting my vavles out. i am going to seat and lap them (i think thats what its called) i took the vavle cover off on the side of the engine under the exchaust and carb ports and there was like a meat screen and know there is a silver metal plate with holes on the very right side of it where the metal spring is and i tried pulling it off but i just cant get it.

i am sorry i think my post was unclear after reading over it again

Ok so the problem is i am having the hardest time getting my vavles out. i am going to seat and lap them (i think thats what its called) i took the vavle cover off on the side of the engine under the exchaust and carb ports and there was like a metal screen that just was kind of there no big deal and now there is a silver metal plate with holes on the very right side of it where the metal screen was and i tried pulling it off but i just cant get it

ok i hope it makes more sence now you see this is a junk engine and i am just trying do learn how everything works

Put a screwdriver blade between the plate and engine block and tap it with a small hammer. It kind of fits into the recess. Rotate the valve keepers so the slots are pointing away from you towards the engine. Take two screwdrivers and pry up on the keepers and put pressure towards you and they will pop off.

thank you so much i just have never done this before and i did not want to mess anything up. you can count on atleast another 3 threads about me asking fo help with this engine. I know its annoying but i gotta learn some how