Help needed...What is it?

New to this site...and was hoping to find a bit of help. My dad recently sent me home with this rupp mini bike while I was visiting for Christmas. It is one that I used to ride as a kid. It sat in a shed for years and years. I don't have much experience in mini bikes but my husband told me he would help me get it running again for old times sake type of thing. It is in rough shape but I did manage to clean contacts and get spark and it has compression so I have high hopes that it will run again. But it would be nice to know what kind it is. I am pretty sure the engine (Tecumseh 6 hp) is not the original, something my dad put on it years ago. But the frame is in decent shape... I think...:confused: any help is appreciated very much!! THANKS!

DSCN3602.JPG DSCN3603.JPG DSCN3604.JPG DSCN3605.JPG

Thanks! I didn't expect answers so quickly!! That is awesome! Now I can put some work into it and hopefully it runs. Cleaning the carb is next on the list. Then it needs tires and some other odds and ends. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Yea it used to look really good (before the crappy storage... my dad stopped caring about it). I want to get it running and then see about putting some money into restoring it. The picture is awesome though! Thank you very much!!

Welcome. I will say you have a lot of the essential parts to restore it properly. But the motor will be tough and can get expensive to get. That year motor they had the "bowl" type carbs and the "diaphragm" type carbs. So if you find either..they will work on your restore. If my memory serves me correctly.

Last edited:
Yea there are more parts that I have taken off to clean up and also for ease of access to take off carb and what not. like chain cover gas tank and some other things. for the most part I think the motor is the main thing that is not there. gas tank is a big concern it seems pretty clean but it did sit for a long time. I will have to see about cleaning that up.