Help plz

Minibike chain keep loosening and coming off even tried pulling my engine forward and removing my chain tensioner still no luck anybody wanna come fix it ill pay lol im at a lost and i use my bike for work

Attachments

f4radar

You need to add more Info to your request for help. If people knew what kind of bike you had, they might know what issues are associated with it. A picture showing a view of your available chain adjustment would help.
To your problem:
Has anything changed prior to the chain starting to come off?
I believe the chain "tensioner" is their to take up the slack as you ride so the chain does not become loose, so taking it off makes your loose chain looser.
I'd put the tensioner back on and make sure it's adjusted/functioning properly.
If the chain really needs shortened (which I doubt) you can remove chain links and use "half links" to get the desired length.
Good luck!

Or in modern English:

you need to add more info to your request for help if people knew what kind of bike you had they might know what issues are associated with it a picture showing a view of your available chain adjustment would help to your problem has anything changed prior to the chain starting to come off i believe the chain tensioner is their to take up the slack as you ride so the chain does not become loose so taking it off makes your loose chain looser i put the tensioner back on and make sure its adjusted functioning properly if the chain really needs shortened which I doubt you can remove chain links and use half links to get the desired length good luck

Last edited:

Minimichael

You need to add more Info to your request for help. If people knew what kind of bike you had, they might know what issues are associated with it. A picture showing a view of your available chain adjustment would help.
To your problem:
Has anything changed prior to the chain starting to come off?
I believe the chain "tensioner" is their to take up the slack as you ride so the chain does not become loose, so taking it off makes your loose chain looser.
I'd put the tensioner back on and make sure it's adjusted/functioning properly.
If the chain really needs shortened (which I doubt) you can remove chain links and use "half links" to get the desired length.
Good luck!

Or in modern English:

you need to add more info to your request for help if people knew what kind of bike you had they might know what issues are associated with it a picture showing a view of your available chain adjustment would help to your problem has anything changed prior to the chain starting to come off i believe the chain tensioner is their to take up the slack as you ride so the chain does not become loose so taking it off makes your loose chain looser i put the tensioner back on and make sure its adjusted functioning properly if the chain really needs shortened which I doubt you can remove chain links and use half links to get the desired length good luck
Period.

dshot59

My bone stock predator powered db 30 kept throwing the chain when you gassed it out of a corner. It had the stock 35 chain only cause if fit back on, but those chains are junk and it was old , Put a new on one from tsc which are not that great either .lol But it works and now stays on just fine .To much flex in the stock cheap azz chain. Even for all the power that 97cc puts out.

DaddyJohn

Yes, those chains can stretch easily to the point they don’t ride on the sprockets well. Also, they can get a bend or twist in them when they get thrown, which screws them up too. It may be that a new chain can help.

After years of fighting with chain gremlins, I bought a chain breaker tool. I think I paid $20 for it. I still have it. Get a few feet of new chain and a couple of master links. You will not believe how easy it is.
Hi speed, pre-stretched gold plated fancy chains are in your future. NOW>
Get a chain breaker.