Help setting up electrolysis

Hopefully someone can help me. I really don't know what else to do. It's a 5 gal home depot with 4 2ft. 3/8" rebar, everything is connected with insulated copper wire with the tips removed. I 1st started with 1 tablespoon per gallon but i bumped it to 2 tablespoons per gallon. Any input will great uploadfromtaptalk1449365434353.jpg

1. It takes time.
2. Is the rebar nice and clean? Then you have the positive and negative reversed.
3. What are you using for power? Battery charger?

The more rebar the better.
Using washing soda? Do not use salt. Use TSP.
When you put the item in, are there bubbles generated around it? No, then not enough power, or not strong enough solution.

The more rebar the better.
Using washing soda? Do not use salt. Use TSP.
When you put the item in, are there bubbles generated around it? No, then not enough power, or not strong enough solution.
I'm using 2 tablespoons per gallon, i just bumped it to 3 tablespoons per gallon

2SlickNick

You need to use the battery connected to the rebar and then the battery charger connected to the battery.it is much more effective that way, then you should start seeing the water swirling.

You need to use the battery connected to the rebar and then the battery charger connected to the battery.it is much more effective that way, then you should start seeing the water swirling.
The problem is that I don't have a spare battery. I'm just going to return the battery charger at Harbor Freight and buy 1 at an auto parts store.

Thank you for the link. As you can read in the previous posts, I have everything set up like I was supposed to but I just can't get it to work correctly.
I think the guys talking about using the battery to supply the amperage are spot-on. I have one of those new-fangled battery chargers that is supposedly "smart." It wont even push amps without a battery being hooked up, and then if it sees a bad cell, it flashes a code and shuts down. Piece of crap.

You may be able to get a junk yard 12volt battery and use it to allow the charger to push the amps into your anode/cathode setup? The swanky guys use dedicated DC power supplies. Personally, I use muratic acid and water, then a neutralizing agent of soda ash and water. Works well, but not as well as evapo-rust, nor electrolysis.

I hope you keep at it and get the results you're after, and post it up. :thumbsup:

I think the guys talking about using the battery to supply the amperage are spot-on. I have one of those new-fangled battery chargers that is supposedly "smart." It wont even push amps without a battery being hooked up, and then if it sees a bad cell, it flashes a code and shuts down. Piece of crap.

You may be able to get a junk yard 12volt battery and use it to allow the charger to push the amps into your anode/cathode setup? The swanky guys use dedicated DC power supplies. Personally, I use muratic acid and water, then a neutralizing agent of soda ash and water. Works well, but not as well as evapo-rust, nor electrolysis.

I hope you keep at it and get the results you're after, and post it up. [emoji106]
Thanks for the input. I just purchased a duralast 6 amp battery charger and it started working [emoji122] . Thanks again