Heres some pix of a chainguard I made.

Needed a guard for the Lil' Indian I am piecing together and came up with this. Wanted to cover the clutch & the brake mount. What do you think? Not as nice as some of the ones I have seen on here but it will work. I am going to paint it the colot of the bike (My son wants blue) and put a Lil' Indian decal on it. I wanted to cover the end of the jackshaft just for looks and thought it would flow well.

Rough cut pieces.

Tacked together.

Fully welded.

Here's where it's going.

Here it is with the welds ground. Need a tab on the rear & a couple bolts.

LK

Last edited:
Not to let my newbie "ness" shine through, but that brake set up is clever!!! Never thought of it! Is there a kit you can buy that has the bracket and band?

The cover is very nice, and I agree about putting some cooling holes around it! Awesome work!

Not to let my newbie "ness" shine through, but that brake set up is clever!!! Never thought of it! Is there a kit you can buy that has the bracket and band?

The cover is very nice, and I agree about putting some cooling holes around it! Awesome work!
it is a very cool design but has its downs. the more heat you have on the clutch the worse it works.

:anon.sml:

i think after u put holes youd have a way to tighten the bolts to keep it on if u weld it to the plate thats already over the clutch but i have rivet screws if you wanted to keep that plate tight and then use the rivet screws with they are actually bolts to mount the cover to the plate... they would also keep it kinda stream lined esp. if you counter sink them