HF "Come Back Scam"

fonz

I've been waiting for months for the $99 6.5hp coupon or the 20% discount coupon through my email address. They send me at least one a week. My last major purchase there was online a couple months ago for a new electric hoist and swing arm. A couple bucks shy of $200.

So Tuesday I finally buy the new model 6.5 for $130 bucks and some more goodies that came to $205 . Thursday here comes the 20% off coupon that's not transferable to an earlier purchase. It's as if you spend 200 bucks they then send you the 20% off coupon good for only 3 days. Is that how they usually do it???

They offered me a two year no questions asked return insurance for 35 bucks. I never buy those ever! But considering the Grandson burnt out a set of piston rings in 6 months on his 6.5 clone(not a Lifan) I figured why not!! He runs the crap out of that bike every day! All winter long too. That will give me two summers worth of insurance if he pukes another motor. They said it didn't matter if the motor was modified or not. Just bring it in and they would give me another, no questions asked. Sounds like a good deal to me, especially if you take the governor out. And you don't have to bring the original sales slip. You register it on-line or by phone.

Last edited:

bandit 40

I dont know Fonz , if I would take the word of a sales person on that 35$ deal afterall like you said SCAM, JUST WATCH OUT :sadcrying4:

Theres no scams HF has good customer service. Everyone got the 20% in the e-mail and you have to wait for the deals (like $99 engines).

fonz

No...I didn't mean to scam HF out of a new engine after two years at all.
By Scam I meant that it seemed they didn't send me the 20% off coupon till after I had spent $200 bucks. Maybe it was just a coincidence....I paid with my credit card so the info went straight through to them immediately and they already had all my info as a preferred customer.
Maybe "Scam" was a poor choice of words on my part.

Last edited:

n58591

By the way, I got the same coupon in my email this morning and I haven't made a Harbor Freight purchase in almost a month.

No...I didn't mean to scam HF out of a new engine after two years at all.
By Scam I meant that it seemed they didn't send me the 20% off coupon till after I had spent $200 bucks. Maybe it was just a coincidence....I paid with my credit card so the info went straight through to them immediately and they already had all my info as a preferred customer.
Maybe "Scam" was a poor choice of words on my part.
What I said was EVERYONE got the three day 20% off so it had nothing to do with you! They do wait for people to pay first before sending spams!

i have my 20 percent coupon also i havent bought anything from them in awhile dont look like a scam to me they want our buisness

fonz

I can see now it would have been a heck of a lot smarter to just ask the forum if they received the 20% coupon. Oh well....lesson learned!

i dont think you would be cheating to return the first motor,then use the copon for a
new engine,some companys use some pretty crappy things to pick up sales,not just hf
i dont like to buy someting to night for the low price of $ 99.00 then sundays paper has
it for $ 79.00 4 days only.:thumbdown::scooter::wink::thumbdown::scooter: