high school welding class project

Hi all,

I teach a small engine and welding class to high school students in Lubbock Texas. We are building a mini bike as a class project. We are looking for some bonanza 1300, or similar parts to complete a project. We are looking for the following parts:

Used Complete front fork assembly

Used swing arm assembly

2 Coil /rear shocks

My students have worked extremely hard to both raise funds for this project, and to see it completed. We have a budget to pay for parts, and shipping costs.

Thank you

Peter Uscilka

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hi Peter, anyone could make this ploy for Free or low cost parts.

Show us your Class of Student's and the project your working on.

Peter, you are doing good work in teaching youth about welding and mechanical related projects. I'm sure there are members here that will help with these endeavors. On this forum you have access to an enormous quantity of mini bike knowledge. (as long as you are legit,... we have experienced those in this for personal gain):sad:

Last edited:
Wow, what a cool class Peter! It is nice to hear about kids still interested in a class like yours. Sadly, here in Southern California they took away all of the shop classes decades ago. I BUILT my first minibike (from "scratch") in metal shop back in 1967 at John Marshall Junior High School in Pasadena, CA. (Yes, I still call them "junior high", not "middle school")The irony is that my son Jeff had to sit through an art history class(which he really disliked) when he attended Glendora High School a few years ago that took place in the original school WOOD SHOP (which he would have LOVED), surrounded by all of the equipment and tools that had been discontinued and mothballed many years ago- pure torture looking at those machines every week and not being able to use them!
Michael

Last edited:
Hi all,

I teach a small engine and welding class to high school students in Lubbock Texas. We are building a mini bike as a class project. We are looking for some bonanza 1300, or similar parts to complete a project. We are looking for the following parts:

Used Complete front fork assembly

Used swing arm assembly

2 Coil /rear shocks

My students have worked extremely hard to both raise funds for this project, and to see it completed. We have a budget to pay for parts, and shipping costs.

Thank you

Peter Uscilka
It certainly sounds incredible. We didn't have that at school. I even told my wife about it. The maximum we had was hamlet circles, I remember I used https://edubirdie.com/examples/hamlet/ for learning. I don't understand why every school has different methods of education. I don't think it's right, everyone should be on an equal footing. I would also like welding lessons at school. Sounds better than any scenes in the theater so called.
Working on a mini bike sounds exciting and educational. If you are looking for specific parts to complete a project, I recommend checking out various online used car parts platforms or communities where you can find the parts you need. There you can find both a used complete front fork and other parts that you need. Be sure to check the condition of the parts and check their compatibility with your project.

Last edited:

Triley41395

Working on a mini bike sounds exciting and educational. If you are looking for specific parts to complete a project, I recommend checking out various online used car parts platforms or communities where you can find the parts you need. There you can find both a used complete front fork and other parts that you need. Be sure to check the condition of the parts and check their compatibility with your project.
This thread is 6 years old. I've looked at your history and it appears your a spammer or bot. If you have anything to add to this forum we welcome you, if not GTFOOH.