HM80 spark issues

I just purchased a super tryke with tech hm 80, no spark at first after switching out point I now get spark, but only with the motor is turning is the wrong direction? any ideas?, and does anyone know what wires go to the panel on the side of the motor where the fuse goes

toomanytoys

I just purchased a super tryke with tech hm 80, no spark at first after switching out point I now get spark, but only with the motor is turning is the wrong direction? any ideas?, and does anyone know what wires go to the panel on the side of the motor where the fuse goes
Not sure about your spark problem, but post a picture of the 'fuse' area. I believe you are looking at the rectifier for the lighting coil.

MAG is the "magneto" The the coil building a charge for the engine spark...

There will be a wire that runs out of the ignition coil and plugs on to that post/prong... It is a remote location that allows you to kill the engine. You ground that wire against the frame/motor somewhere that you can get a good ground, and it shorts out the magneto, and kills the engine....

So you're wire from the ignition coil runs to there, and that is the post you attach your kill switch to... It runs just fine, until you hit the kill switch, making contact from from your ignition coil to the handle bars (via the kill switch) and the coil shorts out and the spark dies along with the engine