hodaka gear ratio question

Nice ride there "slywilliez" :thumbsup:

I'll be staying with my gear ratio choice as a starting point as I noted. If'n I need more top end :shrug: I'll go up to a 16 tooth on the engine. The Super Rat engine has more RPMs then the stock Ace100, not to mention more HP and wicks up alot quicker also. A 3:1 gear ratio will be a fine starting point for my application :thumbsup: It's a tuning thing once it's done and on the road. One thing is for sure ...... Every engine is different no two are alike, once I have my engine tuned correctly, I will fine tune the gear ratio to the engine's power band.

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:

Nice ride there "slywilliez" :thumbsup:

I'll be staying with my gear ratio choice as a starting point as I noted. If'n I need more top end :shrug: I'll go up to a 16 tooth on the engine. The Super Rat engine has more RPMs then the stock Ace100, not to mention more HP and wicks up alot quicker also. A 3:1 gear ratio will be a fine starting point for my application :thumbsup: It's a tuning thing once it's done and on the road. One thing is for sure ...... Every engine is different no two are alike, once I have my engine tuned correctly, I will fine tune the gear ratio to the engine's power band.

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:
What size sprockets did you end up with after trying it out?