Honda 50 not running right

So this is my first Honda. I bought this for my son as I have always thought it would be a great starter bike. When it got it, it didn't run quite right. It smoked real bad. Long story short, I replaced with new parts the entire top end, piston & rings, and carb. I can get it to run, but it just won't rev up. When I get the throttle opened up it just bogs out. I am suspecting a main jet issue. I put the old carb back on and it ran a bit better (idled better anyway), but it still bogs out when I go WOT. So this was an issue for both the brand new carb and the old carb. Other than a clogged main jet (my original suspicion), what else would cause this? Any non-carb ideas? I am thinking it isn't the carb because even the brand new carb does this and that certainly shouldn't have any main jet clogs. Regardless, I have yet to be able to have my son ride this and I just need to figure it out. Here is a link to a short video:

https://youtu.be/2isFzaujXRw

Thanks!

Well, I haven't done a compression check. I will have to do that. The entire top end is brand new so I am initially thinking it should be ok, but perhaps something isn't sealed well. It starts no problem, it just doesn't like to run much past low to mid throttle. Wouldn't low compression prevent it from even starting?

You know I was just thinking, I should check the points, I could have some intermittent spark issues.

I do have the cam gear lined up to the appropriate marks for the timing.