HoNdA Gc160

i had the gc motor on a gokart great little motor . if you attach the end of the cable to the governor arm at the top with a hose small clamp and tie rap the cable it self to something solid the throttle will work fine

Newbie govenor question.

i had the gc motor on a gokart great little motor . if you attach the end of the cable to the governor arm at the top with a hose small clamp and tie rap the cable it self to something solid the throttle will work fine
Hi,I'm new to this site and minibikes in general,even though I've been a mechanic for 20 years. My question is probably stupid,but I've recently
replaced a 10 Hp Tecumseh with a real Honda 5.5. The govenor arm,when
moved from all the way closed,at the adjustment screw,will just bog the engine down and probably stall it if held open.The lever above the fuel
shut-off is the only throttle lever that the engine seems to have.I thought
that would be the choke,but I must be mistaken?Can someone help me figure
out where the choke is,if it even has one,or is it built into the govenor arm
linkage?I'm just at the point where I need to mount my throttle cable to the
linkage,but am seriously confused when you guys are mounting it to the
govenor arm,that would just stall my engine?I'm lost,please help.Thanks Alot.
Dave W.:confused:

wfc

Hi Dave,

If your Honda is the genuine article, and you still have the factory air cleaner and inlet system then there should be two levers coming out under the aircleaner. The bottom black one is the fuel cutoff, and the top white one is the choke lever. The white lever should attach to the butterfly closest to you, and furthest from the engine. The butterfly closest to the engine is the accelerator where your governor linkage should be attached to. I remove my governors, but leave the governor linkages intact, as it makes the connection of the throttle cable much easier. Hope this helps

WFC I think the GC series motors are different from the GX, I think their a flathead design with mostly nylon internals. So If it is the motor im thinking of the throttle setups we use on our GX motors probably wont work on them.