Hot damn! Swap meet tomorrow!

Headed to Ft Worth for the first swap meet of the year tomorrow (Friday 1-23-09) 'cause it's supposed to be cold and wet around here on Saturday.

Looking for another minibike roller ('cause I got a bunch of new stuff left over from my other two restorations to use up) to add to my collection.

Hope I can find another Bonanza over there as I did last summer.

Picked up this slightly used cream puff for only $100.00

it's now in my avatar

Avatar pic too small? Here it is now:

Any other North Texas Homies gonna' be there?

mardyn

Last edited:
"Hot Damn"? Had to see where you where from,, I knew it was going to be southern. :stuart:

Good job on restoring the bike.:thumbsup:

Small world Mardyn! I thought I reconized the name. dfwstangs member here...
I searched for upcoming swapmeets and only ran across the meet thats in a couple of months at the speedway.

Not much mini bike stuff out there yesterday... but the weather was great @ around 75* most of the day. I'd hate to be there today 'cause it's about 40 out there.

We bought a few small items, but no really good finds or deals. Saw two doodlebugs (one brand new @ $385.00 [pass] and one used one) Several Honda 50s and a few trail 70s... and that was about it.

Next big swap meet around here is The Pate Swap Meet in April out at TMS. It's usually a good one. Last year I found and purchased my origihal Bonanza project #1 which is presently still under construction.

Here's a pic of the day I got her home.

Looks better now, but it's been a long road getting it back to something a bit more acceptable. More pics to follow once I get it a bit further along.

DFWstangs... another one of my Mustang homies over here too.:thumbsup: Gearjammer from over there turn me on to this site a few months ago.

mardyn

I grew up in Paradise(5 minutes from Decatur) and the Decatur swap meet is just about the worst you will ever go to. There's never anything there other than over-priced junkyard quality parts and retreads. Its held on the rodeo grounds and only requires the slightest amount of precipitation to turn the entire place into a complete swamp...... which it somehow always does.
That being said I'll be out there bright and early Saturday morning.