How do I clean a yellowed Tec Tank ....

Excellent question...

I have 3 I would like to be white again. I kept searching til I found one mostly white. Not perfect, but way better than yellow.

I used the headlight kit to polish black plastic tanks. With white, you'd have to sand the yellow off, then buff.

The "vintage" computer guys run into this yellowing problem too.

Do a Google search for "retro bright." Interesting.

I used the headlight kit to polish black plastic tanks. With white, you'd have to sand the yellow off, then buff.

The "vintage" computer guys run into this yellowing problem too.

Do a Google search for "retro bright." Interesting.
That does look like a good idea .... I see eBay sells pre mixed bottles.
Gas tank plastic and Computer plastic are a little different .... think it would still work?

You can soak it in hydrogen peroxide in direct sunlight for approx. 24hrs. It won't make it white, but it will brighten it. Then buff...
That's most of what is in retro-bright. They also have some oxy-clean in it, and other stuff to make a paste. Don ought to try this, since he has a couple tanks to melt in a bad idea of caustic solution found on the internet. LOL!

That's most of what is in retro-bright. They also have some oxy-clean in it, and other stuff to make a paste. Don ought to try this, since he has a couple tanks to melt in a bad idea of caustic solution found on the internet. LOL!
I'm up for it. I do have a lot of Muriatic acid....