how fast can everyones mini bike go?? question 2

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah gearing and tire height will change the speed you go. It doesn't matter what clutch you use. Also RPM is the most important thing with speed.

i get this question all the time when people see my kart and minibikes. i just say, it depends how i set it up! most of the time they just drop it, but sometimes they want to know more. it just depends on how much horse power you have, andwhat gear ratio you use. to me a mini thats geared for max speed is useless because i have no interest in going out on the road and winding it up over a long distance. to me that aint what they were made for. to me they were made for trails and such and need enough gear to pull thru soft ground and climb hills. thats just me though, no insult intended to anyone else!!
my kart has a estamated 30 h.p. with the dual two strokes on it, if i put some small rear sprockets on it i know it would run well over a hundred m.p.h. but i aint gonna do it. i usedto race modified or open class karts and we flew around a 1\5 mile clay dirt track, but now im to brittle for it.-phil:scooter: