How much should I pay for a used 5hp briggs and stratton.

There's a listing on craigslist listing for a 5hp briggs and stratton and it looks decent the guy said $60 and its mine it starts on starter fluid he said but then dies so its probably a carb issue. Is this a good price and will it be a cheap fix?

Attachments

It's hard to tell, that's why we can't advise on values. But it looks better than what gets offered around our area, and a good place to start your downward negotiation...lol.

If it starts on fluid, then that's probably a fuel/carb related issue. Carb rebuild kit, probably under $10.

It's hard to tell, that's why we can't advise on values. But it looks better than what gets offered around our area, and a good place to start your downward negotiation...lol.

If it starts on fluid, then that's probably a fuel/carb related issue. Carb rebuild kit, probably under $10.
I did buy the engine for $60 it has spark and turns over good and I took off the air filter and found the the butterfly is broken so I can see that the bike Is getting way to much air. The butterfly cracked so there's a lot missing i'm either just going to get a new carb and gaskets which is around $25 or rebuild kit if it includes the butterfly.

Thank you for your help!