how to find out who owns land?

yesterday I noticed an opening in the woods next to my new house, so I just took a 15 minute walk through them to find a really old rider up against a tree and half covered in pine needles.. just for laughs i unburied the back, and it still has an engine.. pretty good size too.. easily a 10hp or more.

obviously its in bad shape.. its been sitting there for who knows how long.. but id like to get a look at the internals to see if there's anything worth salvaging and - if possible.. maybe get'r cleaned and in working order (<highly unlikely though)

but first I wanna make sure nobody owns the property.. there were no "no trespassing" signs.. but I don't know how i would find this information.. anybody ever have a similar situation?

-GC-

markus

Are you still in Charlotte county? you can just go to the Property appraiser website for what county you are in, do a little searching on there, you need an address for the property but its pretty easy.

What do you mean "rider" is it a mini bike? or a riding mower????

oh riding mower.. oops I thought I fixed that.. oh well

yeah I'm still in Charlotte county.. I don't know how to get the address for that property but I'll try using mine cause it's literally right across the street.

thanks
-GC-

i know here in Contra Costa County you can get that kind of info off some website. a friend of mine has done it before. i'd imagine there's something similar for where you live.

true.. it's never a good sign when ants are crawling out of the exhaust pipe :laugh:.. besides it will give me something to do tomorrow..

EDIT: I'm sooo close.. took off the three thin mounting bolts (it was missing one, one was upside-down and they were all loose.) and its ready to come up.. ecxept the flange wont fit through the hole (that's what she said :b ).. so now i gotta find a way to get that off.. AFTER the mosquitos calm down.. it just got done raining.. bad idea..
-GC-

Last edited: