Huskee Trail Rider question

So cool to find a website dedicated to this. I am completely new to this OldMiniBikes thing and here is how it started. We were in the back yard last weekend and this kid that my son knows comes rolling into our backyard on this thing. I was like what is that he says I don't know I just bought it off of facebook for $35 this morning. He said some "old" guy had it in a barn. I was hooked I offered to buy it he said not for sale. I said I would give him $40 (I don't know what they go for) The boys hung around and rode it for a while. Finally I gave my son $60 cash and said offer it to him SOLD!! Here I am. The carb leaks quite a bit of gas and the tank leaks a little but I clocked my son at 35mph on this thing with GPS. Any way to the question how do I figure out what year this is and how do I know what engine is in it. Looks completely stock.

Attachments

1stBxMopar

Nice original bike, Huskee was sold by Tractor Supply back in the day... It looks to be the original engine. Check the engine tag for the year, my guess is 71' ....Here's a picture of my 71' Huskee hillclimber, basically the same bike only with rear suspension and different gearing with a jackshaft....Check out the brochure with both models......

Attachments