I looked at another mini today...

Street Smart

I looked at another mini today, that a friend has had sitting around. the bikes not in bad shape. He`s funny, but not sure if he wants to part with it. I offered to fix it up all he had to do was pay for parts.
Anyway he`s thinking about it. I`m not sure of the make but its very distictive. It has a white TEC flathead, a gas tank tight between the top bars of the frame (in front of the seat) and there is a pivot bolt at the neck with coil over shocks at the back. (the whole upper half of frame moves)
SO... any ideas, I`m hoping to go back and get some pics.

Is the tank on the engine or the frame? The pivot frame and rear shocks sounds like a JC Penny's El Tigre or All American, although there were others with that design. Yeah you need to get some pics, that'll make it easy...:thumbsup:

Street Smart

The tank is on the frame, its fitted real nice between the two bars. I`m gonna seach JC Penny's El Tigre and an all american and see, i`ll let you know.

Street Smart

Does the tank look like it belongs there or someone added it? Pics would help
Its looks like it belongs. in fact it fits and looks real nice, sorry about no pics, i will take some after the weekend.
i`m bored and get excited about a new project, thats why i posted prematurely with no pics, lol.

mybiz

The Aggie "98" pivots on the lower frame..And with a Tec with front gas tank there tight. Also one that pivoted was the Terra 2 seater like leathernun's blue bike. there's more that pivot. but we'll wait for pic's. :blink:

The way he describes the tank being attatched to the frame it sounds like a Keystone but I dont know of a stone with a hinged frame so?:shrug:

mybiz

Dang I'm going to have to quit typing out loud :laugh: Did your ears start burning or what. You knew I was talking about you somehow.:confused:
That the bikes i was looking for.:thumbsup: Only place I didn't search was OldMiniBikes pic's..:doah:

Street Smart

My buddy dropped off the mini today , it came with an extra engine, a B&S flathead . He has the rusty chrome fenders but forgot to bring them with him.
SO WHAT IS IT??? :scooter: sorry camera phone pic

mybiz

pic's

wow i finally got a pic posted and no posts :shrug:
There just isn't any info out there on Dixie mini bikes, I guess the only people who could give you more information is some one who built them 40/50 years ago.:detective: I did see 1 on ebay about a year ago. It was gray in color and thats all she knew also..:shrug:
This one was on CL for $75.