I lost my balls.......Climb away clutch

The clutch on my Tote Gote losened up and it slung out the balls inside. My grand son was on it and didn't realize what happened other than it "didn't go anymore". He doesn't remember where he was for me to go retrieve an example to replace. If I can get the size I can go down to a bearing company and "get some new balls"

Any one out there got a spec sheet on a Tote Gote Climb-Away clutch?

Thanks

Joe
Riverside, CA

Thanks Richard!

I just checked and there is a bearing place 2 block from my first job this morning down in Los Angeles.

He wasn't hurt. I did rip him up a tad for not being in tune with his situation. How can your mode of transportation go tits up and you just stand there and go "duh". He will use more of his "investigative powers" next time

thanks again , Richard

Joe
Riverside, Ca

You need to get the size that fits your shaft. One is for a 1" and I think the other is for 3/4"( you may need to ask Hent or Vickie). I have used the 1" pilot washer. It prevents the clutch from coming loose due to the washer bending. It's expensive until you see what one of these clutches can do when it comes off under power.

pilot washer. It prevents the clutch from coming loose due to the washer bending. It's expensive until you see what one of these clutches can do when it comes off under power.
Richard....... where does that pilot washer go? The only washer I have on the setup is a stepped washer that fits between the engine and clutch that centers the clutch shroud.

There wasn't anybody local that carried ball bearings, all the bearing places do not carry them. I ended up with 4 7/8 balls from a place that had 4 stuck in a drawer and wasn't on there inventory, lucky me or it would have been $20 and 5 day wait on the internet.

I do have a problem though. I have no idea what the original balls weighed and the ones in there are allowing the clutch to pull at idle, I have to have both brakes on to hold it. Maybe my balls are too heavy? Have you ever run a clutch with two balls missing? I was gonna try that. Gawd knows if I would ever be able to get the right weight balls. As it was I was lucky to get balls at all locally

Could be my springs are old and weak.... are there replacements?

Thanks

Joe

I haven't found any replacements for the clutch springs. Sounds like the balls should work. You have an original pilot washer and it should be good enough. The pilot bushing from OldMiniBikes is a thicker step washer.

Just a quick note on the safety aspect. I met a man who's brother lost an eye when his clutch let loose. I think an inspection before every ride might be in order.