I need help!!

SAS289

I solved my issue by putting in a bigger jet, a .39.
What size jet did you have when you had the issue? You shouldn't need a 39. With a torque converter and stock gearing you never even make it out of governed RPM. In other words, the engine never gets to the RPM where it starts to lean out.

My "stock" 200U's 196 has an air filter with the stock muffler. It has a 33 jet. My other 200U's 196 has the air filter and header pipe. It has a 36 jet. That engine would still run ok on a 34 or 35 jet. 99% of my last ride was below 4200 RPM. A 34 or 35 jet could support that RPM on a mainly stock engine.

What size jet did you have when you had the issue? You shouldn't need a 39. With a torque converter and stock gearing you never even make it out of governed RPM. In other words, the engine never gets to the RPM where it starts to lean out.

My "stock" 200U's 196 has an air filter with the stock muffler. It has a 33 jet. My other 200U's 196 has the air filter and header pipe. It has a 36 jet. That engine would still run ok on a 34 or 35 jet. 99% of my last ride was below 4200 RPM. A 34 or 35 jet could support that RPM on a mainly stock engine.
Not sure, but the hole was quite a size difference.
I can't seem to readily find any info on the stock BT200X carb. jet.
btw, My engine is de-governed and during the test my RPM's were nowhere near stock RPM anyway. But, I must note that this was an aftermarket carb, not stock, the hole in it was tiny compared to the 39, maybe even tiny compared to the stock jet?
I will have to dig it out and see.
(I do now have billet flywheel)

Last edited:

SAS289

btw, My engine is de-governed and during the test my RPM's were nowhere near stock RPM anyway. But, I must note that this was an aftermarket carb, not stock, the hole in it was tiny compared to the 39, maybe even tiny compared to the stock jet?
OK. I suspect if you buy just an aftermarket carb it would have a "stock" 28 jet in it. So yes it would not run right with an open air filter and header pipe. Way too lean.

I’m currently on a 37 jet and running way too lean. I’m gonna play with jet sized and re tune after. My bike revs to around 6500 right now so I’m definitely suspecting a fuel shortage. Or a blown gasket

Ok so I put the 39 jet in. Revs nice and high once it’s warmed. Now it’s just getting this white smoke outta here. Is it because I tipped it to work on it? Or maybe a blown head gasket from previous malfunctions?

Ok so I put the 39 jet in. Revs nice and high once it’s warmed. Now it’s just getting this white smoke outta here. Is it because I tipped it to work on it? Or maybe a blown head gasket from previous malfunctions?
A blown gasket causes white smoke,...in a water cooled vehicle.
Is there water in your oil, or gas, or in your muffler?
Otherwise I don't know white smoke.

A blown gasket causes white smoke,...in a water cooled vehicle.
Is there water in your oil, or gas, or in your muffler?
Otherwise I don't know white smoke.
The white smoke is gone. Still a small loss in performance and massive vibration is noticed so I’m gonna do a rebuild, rebalance, and clean out as well as upgrading the ignition coil. Other than that, the 39 jet solved my problem thanks for the help