I need your help in educating me on how to buy vintage parts and mini bike. I am trying to find Sensation Mike's Bike that husband had in 1967.

The one in your picture appears to be an mb-6a, because I see the chain coming directly from the clutch, and I don't see a jackshaft.
Thanks for your help in identifying my husband's bike. That is so helpful in searching for the correct one. If you could tell me where to look to see a jackshaft that would be most helpful as well. I am trying to purchase something that I have little to no knowledge about.

I am not knowledgeable enough about the sensation bikes to say.
I will say that the engine on the bike I linked to, is not the original engine.
it might be a good rolling chassis though.
Thanks for you help. It's hard to tell what I might be purchasing when someone has painted the bike. I hope I hear back from the owners but I am starting to get the impression that they were sold and the add is still up.

@markus might know some more information on the bike.
I can't find any information about the date in which the Mike Bikes were made. I have found research that they were named after Frank Roger's son but any additional history would be most helpful. In addition, is it best to wait for a bike that has the most pieces and pass by the ones that are missing pieces or grab things when they appear? I know he will try to bring it back to it's original design but I seem to be having such a hard time finding parts that I don't know what I'm getting into. Also, if I saw a Fimco frame that was in excellent shape, the one that looks the same, would that be ok given that it was made by Sensation? Any help is appreciated. Should I even consider looking at frames like the $225.00 one on Philadelphia Craigslist given the appearance of rust?

Welcome here...I wish my wife would buy me a mini bike....I guess the 6 or 8 in the garage is throwing her off.....good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for. You will be a "dreammaker"
I'm laughing as I understand both your passion and your wife's point of view as well. My husband is a master woodworker so he is used to working on many projects and as a supportive wife I have been purchasing tools and "toys" for him throughout our marriage. He is a man who works so hard, is humble and rarely asks for anything so when he started looking for the bike, and we didn't even have a photo to go on until last week when his brother found an old video of them riding it, I knew I would have to help him find it. The video brought back so many good memories for him and if I can add another one to it, then I want to do that. Thanks for writing and keep those projects coming!