I think I found a Sears

Well after searching evilbay and craigslist to find that everything is 100-200 miles away, I was driving home, and down the road a self proclaimed junker was having problems with a motorcycle. I stop to see if I can help and notice some distinctive handlebars sticking up from some weeds. I ask if I can take a look and he says sure. So I drag out what I think is a Sears mini bike. I tell him I am looking to build a mini bike and he says hell it aint worth nothing to me, my nephew left it here years ago. I ask if he wants to sell it, he says you can have it, I think there is a 3.5 briggs that was on it somewhere, if I find it you can have that too. So for the grand total of $0, I dragged this home.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/736/medium/100_0003.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/736/medium/100_0006.jpg[img]

Last edited:
Seems to be straight, but 4 coats of paint are going to give me hell, original color was blue, then there's what seems to be white latex paint, then some red and finally yellow.

No he said he didn't remember a tank with it, I was hoping he had one. I will check back later in the week and see if he found the engine. Did these come with a B&S originally?

They came with Tecumsehs. A 5hp Briggs with the tank/carb on the rear is a super tight fit, if you get one in there. I think I saw one on here, but I know I saw one that had to be hacked for tank clearance.

any body know any thing about an allstate renolds? I thought it was just a no name untll finding a similar one on this site. is it stupid to rebend or chop the forks / bars??

any opinons on chopping off that weird brake system? (that one that drags on the tire)

also thinking of making that leverinto a foot cluch lawn mower style with a belt drive?:grind:

any body know any thing about an allstate renolds? I thought it was just a no name untll finding a similar one on this site. is it stupid to rebend or chop the forks / bars??

any opinons on chopping off that weird brake system? (that one that drags on the tire)

also thinking of making that leverinto a foot cluch lawn mower style with a belt drive?:grind:
My grandfather redid this Lil Indian 20 plus years ago for driving around at the antique engine and tractor shows that we always showed at...

Norm gave him the thing.. I remember it was dark green and like one the coolest things I ever seen.. :drool: and the same farm has a hit and miss powered train with 1/2 mile track that has been on the news.. :lol:

He put an old briggs N model with a pull lever start on it and a belt tensioner foot pedal for a clutch and it worked...

Although it was only geared for about 5 miles per hour everything that little 1.37 horse engine had..

Then I used a hand pulled belt tensioner clutch on my Lighting Trike I put an R.E. Olds on... The engine side was geared for about 15 (plenty on a 3 wheeled bike :lol:) And it would get itself going with a 1.5 or so horse REO engine... :shrug:

I don't know how high of a gear ratio you could go with it, but I guess as long as your foot pedal and belt and everything works all smooth so you can feather the clutch out gently to get it rolling and hooked up.. They work great..

ooh man now my mind is blown. I thought my idea was totally origional, and theres a picture of one right there!:thumbsup:

now im def going to do it . whats the worst thing that could happen? burn some belts up
well worth it to be able to DROP THE CLUTCH on a mini bike:biggrin:

by the way restore kid what make is that blue mini bike that front end is SICK !

Lil Indian.... Lil Indian and Rupp used the same frames in the 60's, but the Rupps didn't use the fold up handle bars..

Yeah dumping the clutch on one is pretty cool, but can get ya hurt if it has any power and gearing.. :scared:

I have been stripping the frame looks pretty good. Is there a way to seperate the forks so I can get under the springs cleaned up? I will probably have to sand blast the nooks and crannies on this thing, I really don't want to mess with paint remover. The scrub brake is gone so I am searching all the brake threads trying to decide what setup I will use. I found a 3 HP Briggs, going to check it out on Tues. Now the long list of what to order from OldMiniBikes will begin.