I think its home made

KB2ROCKET

anyone that has ever driven a 3 wheeler can tell you if you are riding on a uneven trail or the side of a hill before you know it it will be pointing you down the hill or to the low side of the trail some times this will put you in a ditch or in the brush
either way you will be glad that hoop is at the back of the seat so you can pull your trike back on the trail cuz im guessin it dosent have reverse :)
also the hoop is good for towing a friend home or pulling a skateboard its also handy for loading your trike in and or out of a truck bed
it would also be good protection for the seat when and if you flip it over backwards doing a wheelie
I really like this trike

Being a 35 year Triker I think that is just a mini bike that had been added on the extra rear frame section and done real nice. It looks like it has a Peerless differential . Is the brake on the jack shaft ? But it sure is cute and should be lots of fun to ride Steve

KB2ROCKET

I say its home made
BMX handle bars
boonie bike front wheel and tire (take a look)
motorcycle foot pegs
and typical riding lawnmower rear axle tires and wheels

you may be able to check by scraping a bit of paint off the front and rear portions to see what colors are underneeth. If they dont match its probly homemade. either way its awesome. love the seat

if you put a straight axle in it instead of the diff youd have much more fun but it wouldnt turn as good. on the pavement anyway :)

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if it's home made or not! Looks like someone did a good job and that thing looks cool as heck!!! :thumbsup: Me Likey

Just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback sorry i didnt respond sooner i was having computer problems I will post more pictures of the brake and jackshaft assembly as soon as i find them. Its a six inch band brake setup and as for the grab bar on the rear it has saved the rear seat more than once cause i have flipped over as for as the paint goes it is red underneath all that black paint and the grab bar was chrome plated I will keep you guys posted Thanks again!

In my photo section under D&D Mini Bike there are pictures of a mini trike that I built for my kids way back in 1973 . It was a real fun ride for the kids and I think I will build another one just for the fun of it. Steve

Hey yogi, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. I'm building a trike of my own and need some reference measurements. How long is the wheelbase from front axle center to rear axle center? How wide is the lower rear portion of the frame? How long is the axle? I'm going to be using a doodlebug as the basis for this project, but I also want to stretch the frame a bit so it won't do wheelies so readily. That's where I need to figure the visual aspect of the track width, so it "looks" like a trike, and not just a stretched mini-frame. Thanks for any and all help, Steve.

Hey Steve Thanks for the interest Im currently in the process of moving but as soon as i get unpacked i will get you some specs. I PROMISE!!!!