Idle screw PLEASE HELP!

copyman

I'm not trying to come across as rude, but you're kinda the one that should make a video, or post more accurate pics. This is getting difficult because so much has been said, and frustrating to follow because it seems you misunderstand some of what's being recommended. Show us the engine. Show us the carb. Show us the screw. Tell us what you understand about it, and what you've tried so far. Then you're likely to get farther...
Also not being rude but I agree, if you come on a forum asking for help at least provide accurate info, pics, videos, etc. It took several posts just to find out what engine the OP needed help with.

I'm not trying to come across as rude, but you're kinda the one that should make a video, or post more accurate pics. This is getting difficult because so much has been said, and frustrating to follow because it seems you misunderstand some of what's being recommended. Show us the engine. Show us the carb. Show us the screw. Tell us what you understand about it, and what you've tried so far. Then you're likely to get farther...
I will do so bro. Give me a couple of days and I will show you a video of the problem.

Also not being rude but I agree, if you come on a forum asking for help at least provide accurate info, pics, videos, etc. It took several posts just to find out what engine the OP needed help with.
Sorry for this. I will come back in a couple of days with a video.

Sorry for the mess. But, if this would be the problem, wouldn't It do something when I turn the screw down again? Since now if I turn it to the right the idle gets higher, but since I made couple of turns now shouldn't it atleast lower the rpm when j turn it to the left? Or you still think this is the problem?
Ty bro!
There should be an adjuster for the throttle cable in the throttle assembly, turn the adjuster inwards which will loosen any tension on the cable and allow for more adjustment with the idle screw on the carb. Also make sure your choke is off.

There should be an adjuster for the throttle cable in the throttle assembly, turn the adjuster inwards which will loosen any tension on the cable and allow for more adjustment with the idle screw on the carb. Also make sure your choke is off.
https://youtube.com/shorts/A6hmLnhADqc?feature=share
Here is the video. Choke is off aswell, this screw, if I turn it to the right the idle goes up even further, but if I turn it left nothing at all happens. Can it be a glitch? Or what do the experts here say?

https://youtube.com/shorts/A6hmLnhADqc?feature=share
Here is the video. Choke is off aswell, this screw, if I turn it to the right the idle goes up even further, but if I turn it left nothing at all happens. Can it be a glitch? Or what do the experts here say?
No that is the carburetor idle screw. Up on the handle bars there should be an adjuster where the throttle cable screws into the throttle assembly. Most machines have them, maybe not all. Hope this helps.

No that is the carburetor idle screw. Up on the handle bars there should be an adjuster where the throttle cable screws into the throttle assembly. Most machines have them, maybe not all. Hope this helps.
What do you mean? This screw I always used to set my idle. It always worked, but not now.
Are you really sure of this? Because I always raised/lowered the idle on this screw whenever i got a new spark plug.
But now I can only raise the idle and not lower it

Hey @Cadoo ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum.

I don't know enough about about carburetor refurbishing to know for sure, but if a rebuild of the carburetor with new o-rings and such doesn't resolve the idle screw issue, I'd suggest replacing the carburetor.

Take lots of before pictures, so you can see how everything was hooked up. That way you know which holes to use etc.

Keep us posted.

Hey @Cadoo ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum.

I don't know enough about about carburetor refurbishing to know for sure, but if a rebuild of the carburetor with new o-rings and such doesn't resolve the idle screw issue, I'd suggest replacing the carburetor.

Take lots of before pictures, so you can see how everything was hooked up. That way you know which holes to use etc.

Keep us posted.
But I Think the screw has lost track or something because it works 1 way but can only raise the idle not lower it:(