IH cub cadet original

we ran into a Rabid cub collector who swears the first year they werent numbered?
and that they are worth Quite a bit too.
he had two of them,one restored and one pile.
he says the 100 series came after the original :shrug:
he might be right,theres no callouts on the tractors in the video..
just a headsup there.

we ran into a Rabid cub collector who swears the first year they werent numbered?
and that they are worth Quite a bit too.
he had two of them,one restored and one pile.
he says the 100 series came after the original :shrug:
he might be right,theres no callouts on the tractors in the video..
just a headsup there.
Yeah, he meant the first model was simply called " the original" (1961-63) then they gave them model numbers. Ours is the first year 1961.

It's seen a hard life outside but amazingly everything works and the clutch and brake are still in very good cond!

We left the rust to preserve its life story and cleaned and lubed everything and clear coated it. Wish I did more minis this way as it has character .

Drove it 1.000 miles in the back my truck to our other house where it can roam free , can even drive it down town with no hassles .:laugh:

Will do a vid today if I have time.

I like the Originals and the Narrow Frame series. I have a model 73 built in 1970 I believe. They are cool tractors for sure.

Cub Cadet Original - International Harvester Cub Cadet Registry
Yes, very simple to work on (like mini's) and built to last, only problem is the original frames can crack where the steel meets the cast rear end. Ours was around all 4 bolt holes from 50+ years of stress so we took it in half drilled and welded the cracks then added more steel so it could hold up to mountain terrain.

pomfish

I have a Cub 109 and love it.
Had a brand new MTD 42" mower and it was junk.
Always wanted a Cub and just kept looking on Craigslist till I found this one.

I am real lucky in the fact that one of the biggest Cub collectors/parts dealers in the country is only 2 miles form my house.
Guy has 3 barns full of complete tractors and parts.
Funny deal is he is a Mennonite guy and his daughter is the mechanic, pulls those things apart like she can do it in her sleep.
He is reasonable too so that helps a lot.
Later,
Keith

I have a 1964 Cub Cadet model 100. I bought it from the original owner, the engine has never been apart and it still cuts grass, pulls the Trac-Vac, plows snow and hauls firewood almost daily. My 7 year old nephew drives it like a go cart from the time he arrives for a visit until it's time to go home. I thought about upgrading to a newer larger tractor but I can't get rid of the old girl and I don't have enough room for 2 tractors.