i'm new

to the wonderful world of mini bikes ! first post here..!:smile:

Well is what i got here is a mini bike i picked up for $250 on craigslist.

Told it has a 5hp engine, not too sure if its Honda or a clone.
Any way i can determine this ?

I also am looking into buying an intake and exhaust (or possibly making my own)

and a little more power would be nice :wink:

I got clocked at 42 the other day (on flat ground)

any ideas for a quick power upgrades?

Im taking the bike to get powdercoated on friday and get the rims chromed on monday so while she is all torn apart i would like to do some upgrades..

heres a pic.

any idea of the mfg of the frame as well?

thanks guys!

[/IMG]

sorry about the quality, its from my phone

it's either a 5.5 or 6.5 horse motor.

start reading in this section and you'll find out all you need to know about mods. a carb and header will wake up the motor quite a bit. you can get them for around $100. remove the governor too if it's still installed, i'm guessing it's been removed/bypassed since you're hitting a decent speed. without the governor, getting a billet rod and flywheel is a good idea as well (safety thing).

do a search before asking questions. most likely your questions have probably been answered already.

before you ask, the frame looks like one of the Azusa kits.

Last edited:
Welcome hardley davidson to OldMiniBikes! Great bunch of guys here to help you out. Like Strigoi said, hit the search button on the site and type info looking for. "Search is your best-friend."

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

Fullthrottle- Thank you, everyone seems friendly and eager to help! this is what a true forum is !!

Jeep- haha thank you thank you, im diggin that signature nice little gif!

well im sure you'll all see me postin' around....

i'll get some pics up here after she gets a fresh layer of coat on.

Im guna go with black...found a local shop that will do er for $120 out the door, and found another shop that will chrome the rims for $40 otd.

i found out today that it IS a clone engine that i have on here, talked to russel at NR Racing and i think im going with the hop up kit #1, any expierence with that kit ?

the hop up kit contains:

Race/Open Air Filter & Adapter, 90 or 92 Jet, 140 e-tube, Rev Kit w/18 lb Springs, 8 degree Timing Key, Small Fan, Valve Cover Gasket. Approx 8.5 hp

so i still need a header, and a billet rod ?

feel free to critique all you would like !:smile:

a header would be a good idea. more air in, more air out.

the billet rod is mainly a safety thing. if the rod comes apart it could hit you in the fun parts. my friend's 5hp Tec threw the rod recently and it made a nice hole in the block and we found a good size chunk on the ground.