In need of heathkit jackshaft setup

I'm looking for one of these two... I recently pickup a Boonie but it does not have transmission. Is it possible to fabricate one of these?

mybiz

Well youll be lucky to find an original one I'm to the point of fabing one up myself Just buy a jackshaft kit and build a shaft holder bracket and the one in the pic is for a boonie bike it sold on ebay a couple of weeks ago for $125.00:thumbdown: It would be quicker if you built one yourself

kbs8ball

the sprag sprocket is tuff to fab but it can be done....I have an original with new bearings in excellent condition...make me an insane offer and its yours....how bad do you want an original??

if you have something really cool to trade i could do something like that send me an email with what you have in trade mine is in alot better shape than the one in pic miked@wyan.org

Youch! Guess I'll keep the one I got for free and restore it??? An old buck that I trade with gave it to me for chainsaw work and dropped the trans off months later saying, don't know if this goes to anything but if you want it you can have it". Checked the basket case engine he'd thrown in and the clutch was there as well!!!! I never have luck but I'll buy a lotto ticket tonight now!:doah:

richs

hay mybiz I have 2 compleat boonies even if you get the 2 speed jackshaft the low speed spring is almost always broke and no body remakes them and you cant find nos ones if I were you I would make the bracket and buy one of those automatic 2 speed jackshafts I can send you the dementions you need and it would be less hasel in the long run

mybiz

I've thought about going that was but then why not put a TVA on and be done I've got 4 just gathering dust. The only reason I'm wanting a original if I ever decide to do a complete restore Id have one. The bike frame/fenders/seat/tires are all in excellent shape. I'm not sure where I'm going with it yet ? Beater ? or ? Looker ? :confused1:

I am in the same boat with my boonies.I have a
TAV on one , A TAV backplate w/cent clutch and sprockets on another, But I have a honda 5.5 on the last one and, I cant get the TAV to fit because it hits the back of the engine and the frame on the bottom.The first 2 both have Tecumsehs on them and TAV's fit like a charm.