In need of heathkit jackshaft setup

mybiz

I just bought a setup like yours off ebay $31 it a baddog gear reduction maybe ill just use it. Sure don't want to run a 7' long chain. When i got the bike he was running a clutch with no idler or chain block. Thats lots of chain just flopping up and down.:doah:

Make sure you have at least a 12 or 13 tooth sprocket coming off the jacshaft. I had a ten on mine at first . It would climb the side of a mountain , but only went about 12mph. I switched it to a 12 tooth and now she goes about 25-30 and still has decent torque :stuart:

mybiz

Torque

Make sure you have at least a 12 or 13 tooth sprocket coming off the jacshaft. I had a ten on mine at first . It would climb the side of a mountain , but only went about 12mph. I switched it to a 12 tooth and now she goes about 25-30 and still has decent torque :stuart:
Myself I could care less about speed but ya 12mph it a bit to slow. I like it when I get yanked to the rear of the bike when I crack it open. And 25 30 is plenty of speed for the boonie bike. And I haven't decided on wicth motor I'll be using yet. 6.5 clone or 10hp briggs if it will fit or one of my 4 and 5hp tecumseh's. I even thought of puting my mac on it. But using it there wouldnt be much torque.:detective::doah::surrender::confused1:

Well I had problem trying to use a comet TAV backplate on the honda motor because the J,S hits the back of the engine so I dont think a clone would be any better. But maybe the thing you got from Baddog might do the trick. The bigger the motor the more it compensates for torque ( I think ) cause mine still pulls like a mule. I do Like speed though. I put a 6.5 clone on a baja doodlebug with a 11 tooth and stock rear sprocket and it is super fast and still carries me up all the hills by shear momentum alone. That 10hp briggs should be a killer if it fits..

mybiz

I've got plenty of mini's 1 or 2 will be built for speed. Which 1 don't know. Maybe the DB30. I was going to give it to my friends 12 year old daughter. But If she was ever to get hurt Id never forgive myself. :hang: