Industrial Strength Variators/CVTs

GTLabs

Is there a CVT/Variator/TAV2 that can handle 100hp+?

Who makes these?

[youtube]QrxnS-xz-iI[/youtube]

[youtube]a66vrJvwsic[/youtube]

Last edited:

GTLabs

I'm looking for one that can handle some "serious" power. A Comet would be nice if they made one that beefy but I don't think they do. I'm looking at Arctic Cat and Yamaha CVTs just to name a few. Ideas?

Oldsalt

They have to be set-up for a particular horse power/torque curve. But the big problem is that they add a hell of a lot of width. Lay it out and you'll find that the engine and vari sheaves will be too wide to rationally put in any frame that could be called a minibike frame.

GTLabs

gx390 with a 100hp?-:eek:ut:
:thumbsup:

It's not going in a "minibike". Think Sportsman or Pro Mod style framework as a scratch-built chassis. I'm NOT looking to run 6s but still think there's a lot of potential with these motors in a safer chassis.

Last edited:
a good machinist can make it smaller, maybe out of 6061 aluminum or mild steel. if your putting alot of power down, some slipage aside from tire spin might be a good thing.....

james c

ill get the clutch info, its fully adjustable and can be adjusted for rpm engagement and belt width. if you are going to produce any hps out of a 390 then i would think a higher engagement may be okay, lets say 3000 rpms? but i really dont know anything about a beefed up honda
i like stuff like these