INTEK What Does It Stand For (New To This)

Motra

Intek = Innovative Technology! The 6.5 I/C would be a better engine. The I/C (Industrial/Commercial) engines are more durable than the standard Intek engines. They have cast iron cylinder bores, ball bearing PTO crankshafts, better valves, etc. The 9.00 gross torque is the same horsepower rating, they just list the torque figures now instead of HP on their stickers.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I think it does have the plastic cam. But I have seem a couple that have came with a steel cam. I guess you just have to get lucky on the build date.

The most important thing when buying a motor for performance is the size of the motor in CC's.If they are both still 206cc the I.C. would be a better choice.

On the Briggs Site it says 900 INTEK is 205 cc and it has cast iron sleeve and pto ball bearing cant find ant info on 6.5hp i/c other than it says 206cc on engineand was made in 2006. I can get the i/c for 220.00$ out the door and its new in box and says USA. The INTEC says china on box. I am new to this just trying to make the right decision. :confused: