Is lubing a TC correct?

I used some Force 842 for the tc on our go kart. We keep it around at work...
I've seen LPS products at the nut and bolt stores around here. Not sure how the specs compare to the comet stuff.

I put a light coat of wheel bearing grease on whatever rubs together whenever i have it apart. :shrug: In the driver on the bushing and weights. and in the driven on the sliding sheave. never a problem

I went to radio-shack that is also an aplliance repair shop. looking for a buss fuse for my generic microwave,,The guy working said I should go to an electronics store? Speech-less I just walked away , went home and ordered a 10 pack on amazon...
When I was a kid, radio shacks were owned by ham operators and such. They knew what things were, and not only that, they knew how they worked.
It's no wonder they're belly up.

Radio shack: You got questions, we got weird looks.

What really gets me, press 1 for Engrish. They hardly speak it, and all the operators background noise! Im making a MORTGAGE payment? just saying. geez This my money here ppl? im talkin to someone that is in a diff. continent?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
As far as I know, The clutch should be lubed with Dry Graphite

I use the spray on type, goes on wet then drys like paint.

Reason; Dry grease does not collect dirt. Where wet lube will collect all that it can find.

Then parts become to dirty, grease is thick and parts become harder to move.

I can't say that I have ever had parts wear out because of Dry Graphite lube. I just find it works well and clean.

Last edited:
Are we still talking about this? Hells yes, lube with dry lube. The Comets even come with lub instructions. I lube Tote Gote clutches the same way. M-O-O-N spells Dry Lube.

FWIW, I have used,and will continue to use, a powdered graphite in a Puff bottle made for lock tumblers in my scooter cvts that are from what I can tell the same thing. Six to eight roller weights on ramped plates sit inside the driven half opposite the fixed plate. The torque driver in the rear has a spring that controls "low" & "high" gear.
Anyway, the graphite slicks up the roller weights and the ramps etc. And all without attracting dirt and dust .