is snow good for the doodlebug

delray

it's not the best thing for it,but it won't kill it either. i know when you drive your doodle bug in the rain the disc brake doesn't work to good:doah:
biggest problem you could have is getting salt on everything if your state uses it and salt eats everything:doah:specially that china steel:doah:

fonz

My Grandson rode his 15 out of 17 during Christmas Break. Saturday we got 12 inches of snow and he was in hog heaven! He drags the neighborhood kids on a snow disk. Everyone wears a full face helmet though. I put a 13 inch lug tire on the rear and it does the trick! He even gets a few fish tails on hard pack! He's running a 6.5hp clone.

Last edited:
One might want to be a little cautious!! If the snow builds up around the crankcase, the oil may thicken, the great splash may not occur inside, very cold temps might also cause this, the block may not get lubed right, if the motor wants to act sluggish it maybe drying out inside, stand still and let the motor warm up some, lost a good Tec that way a long time ago, it is also wise to have 10w40 weight oil in crankcase in extreem cold temps, 30 wt, is way too thick.
dave