is that hole suppose to piss gas like that (3.5 manco)

ok i'm fresh fish here and i picked up a 05 manco thunderbird for my son's 9th b-day tomorrow and i had to rebuild the carb put on a new pull string and plug
so i got everything done and i put gas in and it comes pissing out this tiny hole on the left side about middle of the carb. i thought i had it stopped but i guess the gas was just low. what is this hole? how do i stop it?
any help would be great
thanks, mudd

Last edited:

Motra

useng1 is correct. The needle valve is not stopping the flow of fuel to the carb so it has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is out the vent hole. It'll also flow into the venturi and flood the engine. Did you put a new needle and seat in the carb? The seat can also be installed backwards and it won't seal.

useng1 is correct. The needle valve is not stopping the flow of fuel to the carb so it has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is out the vent hole. It'll also flow into the venturi and flood the engine. Did you put a new needle and seat in the carb? The seat can also be installed backwards and it won't seal.
You want to put the seat in ridges up or towards you, that sounds like the problem to me!

and the winner is all of you :smile: i had dropped the seat :smile:in the top of my tool box and i got it in and everything is fineor it will be when i can get this carb tuned in right
thanks a million guys
mudd