Is This Too Steep

This is a little something I've been hacking on while I wait for parts for my Sabre.
Just wondering if anyone thinks the motor angle is too steep, I cant find my speed square so I dont know what the exact degree is but it is about 1.25 inch out of level. I know I would have to level the carb some how, I'm more worried about oiling. I could make blocks for the back but then I'll have to pull the motor to change the spark plug.Any thoughts?
Thanks Randy

That should run and have no problem my 71 rupp roadsters motor sits at a steeper angle then that and iv never had a problem you well have to angle the carb though

I know I would have to level the carb some how, I'm more worried about oiling. I could make blocks for the back but then I'll have to pull the motor to change the spark plug.Any thoughts?
Thanks Randy
Honestly, in my opinion I think if you are running the right CJ style plug (the short mower ones) it should be changeable.. :shrug: loosen and tighten it with a box end wrench and it should have plenty of room I'd say.. I've seen em a hell of a lot tighter than that..

I don't think oiling OR carb should be an issue either.. The motor doesn't look to be THAT far out of whack really.. The float in the carb is hanging in such a manner that the low end is the hanging end... I sincerely think it would not leak the way ya have it... You MIGHT have to adjust the float level just a tiny bit but I sincerely don't see that motor having any problems the way it is...

Nothing else hook up the gas and turn it on and see what happens.. If it is gonna leak it will run out the back of the carb anyways because thats how it sits... It shouldn't take but about 10 seconds to see gas dumping out.... But my Suicycle Tecumseh carb sits sideways on the Briggs and stratton, and I just prop the bike against a wall or something and my carb sits at a steeper angle than that when it's parked and it never gives me any trouble...
check out how tight my plug gap is... :shrug:

I can change this plug although I have never had to.. :shrug:

[/IMG]

Thanks for the input guys. I have to fix the frame, it has a big hole on one side and the other was broken and fix poorly
so I was thinkin I would stretch the frame (its pretty short) the more I look at it the more I think I'll drop it alittle too

This is a little something I've been hacking on while I wait for parts for my Sabre.
Just wondering if anyone thinks the motor angle is too steep, I cant find my speed square so I dont know what the exact degree is but it is about 1.25 inch out of level. I know I would have to level the carb some how, I'm more worried about oiling. I could make blocks for the back but then I'll have to pull the motor to change the spark plug.Any thoughts?
Thanks Randy
Is that a Scat Cat sc114 frame someone ruined ?? sure looks like one !