italjet motor

i purchased a indian italjet....it comes with a motori minarelli p450 according to indiam ownership forum.... I was hoping to find a good motor,used,replica, or aftermarket upgrade....

Do you want a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke...? The Indians run Minarelli's on them...it's says P450, but it's the same as a P4 or a P6 engine which are very popular in Europe. The Broncco minibike's also used them. They are cool engines, 4 spd, 5hp, but they lack the bottom end tq...however they do run out pretty good. You can also look for 75cc or 80cc upgrade kits, such as Polini etc...They are expesnive but they haul arse...Sometimes you need a different bottom end with 48mm studs to run the big bore kits, but they are significantly more powerful...10-12hp etc...

jeffdub8 thanks alot your a God send and i appreciate all your help.... i was taking it apart the frame wondering if i could come across a motor.
I'm not familiar with the motor strokes so I'm not sure which (2, or 4) is best..whichever would be good for a street bike cause i intend to register the bike.... so you say minarelli p4 or p6 engines.