ive done it now.

before i start, let me say that i used the 'search' to see if i could find an old post on this, and i couldnt find anything.

i recently took apart my '95 5hp briggs to replace the crankshaft. i carefully made sure i didnt loose any parts and im 99% sure all the pieces/parts are still there. the problem is my governor arm to carb setup. i didnt look too carefully when i took it apart and now i do not know what goes where. i am planning to keep the governor intact so just bypassing the gov. isnt an option. if you could help me out by posting pictures or sketches of your intact set up that would help me greatly!!! if you have any questions about my problem, ask, because i wasnt too specific...

thanks again.

Oops, 99% prolly isn't quite good enough. Next time, take some pics first. The only ones I could find are of the Tec I just took apart, but that won't help here. Good luck. :thumbsup:

nevermind anymore guys. as i was cranking it over, it siezed up on me, and upon further inspection, i found out that i scored my cylinder. :facepalm: there is a 2 inch scar leading up to a 'pile' of cylinder wall that is crimpin' my style. so is my fear of my brand new engine reduced to a parts engine, or is there a way to fix this jam. :shrug: ive pretty much given up on it, so you wont crush my hopes with the reality of it being scrap now...