junkyard find

Its defiantly not a Rupp. There were a lot of minibike manufactures back then and they like to copy each other styles. Look at the differences in the frames.
71-up Rupp frame

1970 Rupp frame.

markus

Looks like the decals on the tank might be painted over, be very very gentle and try to remove the spraypaint over them, might say what it is. bikes of this vintage commonly used foil decals with silkscreened(?) lettering/designs so I can't stress enough on the "careful" but it is doable. Good luck and let us know, My first guess when I saw it was a sensation go devil soon as I saw the tank, but its not, unless they redesigned the bike later on as the early ones were very backyard built looking frame wise.

i have seen these a couple times, i'm absolutely sure its an arco, that would explain the arco plastic tank on it. they did make suspension bikes, but you don't see them too often. go surf the alexander reynolds picture category and you will find a pic of one of these, i'll go look for myself and post a link later maybe.

The double front downtubes are what's weird about this one. The front fender mounts look like the bigger ARCOs. The narrow handlebars look like Rupp. The tank, technically, isn't an ARCO tank. It's the same tank they used, but Bird, Manco, Sensation, and some others also used that tank.

didn't see those double downtubes, I'll call it a speedway, with that wierd seat mount or a sears, it looks similar, I'll keepon looking. edit: maybe even an mtd?

this thing is wierd.

It may be like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop" The world may never know. :doah: It looks a little like everything, but not a lot like anything. Did that make sense to anyone but me?? One more thing to watch for is the little rounded headlight ears. That's a little different than most.

It may be like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop" The world may never know. :doah: It looks a little like everything, but not a lot like anything. Did that make sense to anyone but me?? One more thing to watch for is the little rounded headlight ears. That's a little different than most.
yeah the headlight ears got me puzzled i cant find nothing with them on it like that