Just scored a 1974 Harley x90

I just picked up a x90 that needs electrical and carb work. It's totally complete except for headlamp and taillight assembly. It has 764 miles on it original rubber and everything. The guy I got it from got it from his neighbor ( original owner ). He said the last time it ran was about 15yrs ago but it kept the blowing the headlight. I think that's when they took off the head lamp and tail light. I need help finding wiring and light assemblies. Was wondering if X90 Rider could help me with some of that stuff? I will try to post pics when I get a chance.

Last edited:
That is a pretty decent looking project bike.

Jim's Harley in Mendon, Ohio and eBay are the 2 best parts sources(make sure you are sitting down when you look at prices:eek:hmy:).

Here is some good info:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/851-harley-davidson-x-90-restoration.html
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/i...-here-wisconsin-harley-x-90-a.html#post126481

I tried to get the link for the factory repair manual but I am in China and the website is blocked.
If you need a parts book, PM me your address and I will mail you a copy.
I have 1 more week in China and then 1 week in Nepal. I will try to send the link for the repair manual when I get to Nepal but you will have to wait for the parts book until I get home.

Hi, I am new here and love that little X-90. Similar to the one I had.
I have a short story about that bike.
I was riding it one day as I always did, and was attempting to climb a "not too steep" bank from out of a shallow ditch, and about half way up - I was in the wrong gear, and killed the engine.
I gradually backed it down the bank and was feathering the clutch to slow it down, when the engine fire up, running backwards...
Next day at school in small engines shop class I told my shop teacher and classmates about my little 2-stroke Harley that would run backward, and NOT ONE believed me.
So the next day I rode it to school so I could demonstrate to the nonbelievers how it did that.
It was amazing.
Maybe yours will do it too?

I kinda want to use this as wall art in the man cave. Clean it up real good and get it complete, and hang it on the wall. It just kinda sucks cause I know my boys want to ride it but I know they will trash it.

yeah, get them something else to trash, there is plenty of stuff for that. everybody that sees the hd in the wall asks why I dont ride it, my response is I have plenty of stuff to ride, why mess with that, its never been started or gotten dirty except for a few years of dust. I dig it up there, one day when I'm gone maybe one of my sons will be cleaning up my mess of a shop find it and enjoy firing it up and riding it.:scooter:

Last edited: